Ok, PROFUSE apologies are in order here! It's actually been 2 months or more since I've posted.
Soooo much has happened in that time. I visited New York City for the 1st time (amazing!), I had a slight relapse and have lost a few pounds (more on that later) I've gone back to college, I have 3 boys chasing me (WHAT THE FLUFF?) and this Friday, I'm going on my second date with a wonderful, wonderful guy!
I'm such a mixed bag of emotions at the moment; it's utterly amazing how all the depression just (albeit momentarily) fizzles away when a guy texts you (i've never spent so much money on my phone in my life!) haa haa! Well, here's a few pics of NYC to start!
It is SUCH a beautiful city, just WAY-AY tooo busy for my liking! Quite literally 'the city that never sleeps'. I saw some amazing things while I was there, my absolute favourite was the Titanic museum, (and that's not just cus I'm bias to Ireland hee hee hee) it was actually fantastic! They have little corridors to travel from one section of the museum to the next, which are exact replicas of the ones on the actual ship and have an actual (man-made) iceberg there, to show you the size of it etc. and when you enter the museum, you're given a little bording pass, the name and identity of an actual passenger, and at the end, you can check the living and dead list to see if you survived or not, I didn't unfort. :( Well, i was a 3rd class single male: no chance!
I then started back at college and OMG sooooo much work to be doing. I've also met some VE-ERY nice guys this year. My phone is literally FULL of messages from them, texting me like every night...it feels really rather nice to be admired by someone (becus I obv can't like myself).
I'm in no way 'over' my ex, but it's been a good few months now and I'm obv ready to move on.
On Friday there, I went on my first 'first-date' in 4 YEARS!! and it can't be described as anything less than perfect. We went to see 'Couple's Retreat' in the cinema and half way thru he slipped his hand into mine (aww) and we spent the rest of the movie just stroking each others' hands and arms and then we kissed....it was just so lovely. Then we went for a drink afterward (i had water obv- I'm T Total) and we hada lovely cuddle and when he put his arms around me, my ED was ecstatic cus he exclaimed, "omg, you're so skinny" (i hada rather baggy top on so it woulda been hard to see any bones) but instead of flinching and not wanting to touch me, he held me closer and tighter as if he wanted to protect me, so yeah , LIKE HIM A HELL OF A LOT!
Plus, we were just SO comfortable in each other's presence, like we used to play together when we were kids, so it wasn't a conventional really-don't-know-each-other situation, but I hadn't chatted to him in a number of years so, we obv have a lot to learn about each other, but oh, it was just so perfect. We've another date this friday coming and I have to pick the location (HATE making decisions, and I obv can't go out for dinner or anything so i'm havin difficulty thinking of somewhere- ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated amigos!) I think i'll maybe suggest the theme park/carnival that's visiting my city at the moment, cus we can have fun but still be intimate ya know? I'm SUCHA wimp tho, so it might be a waste of money, seeing as I probably won't go on most of the rides, but heh we'll see : PLEASE suggest any 2nd date ideas for me please!
altho I haven't been posting, I have been reading all of your blogs religiously! and they still inspire me every single time, so keep it up ladies!!
I'll leave you with some photos of the beautiful autumn trees in my garden!!

Rose xoxo
Reading your post made me say "awww" aloud. The boy sounds so sweet! I'd go for a theme park, definetly. Perhaps you could even challenge your ED by getting a snack food there (some theme parks have mixed nut/fruit snacks). If you're in classes at the moment, you could just go out to a coffee shop in the morning and get tea.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with everything!
i'm glad your date went well! He sounds really sweet.
ReplyDeleteAhh I love New York! Definitely the city that never sleeps though, that's for sure.