I'm now along enough in the day to be able to post today's meals.
I'm not quite sure how I feel today: I feel feckin STUFFED obviously, but emotionally, I'm not exactly sure. I had planned to go for a nice long walk today, but the Irish weather is deceiving lemme tell you! The sun was SHINING this mornin when I woke up, so I thought 'great! I can go walking' but when I went grocery shopping with my mum around 9am, as soon as I walked outside, I had to add another 2 layers to my wee frame....BALTIC!
I actually LOVE grocery shopping; I love looking at a million labels and trying to find new alternatives for meals. It's only in the past month or so, following a few forums and blogs that I've realised just how much Americans LOVE peanut butter! I think it's a relatively new phenomenon over here, I myself haven't had it since I was a child but I've a feeling my dietician's gonna whack me on to it, as I have a number of complications and can't actually eat nuts or seeds but atleast I'd get the protein etc. in the peanut butter, I also spied cashew and almond butters in Holland and Barrett yesterday, so those are possibilities too I suppose.
Tomorrow's Easter Sunday......great in some aspects and terrifying in others!
This'll sound INSANE but the person I'm actually most afraid of eating in front of is my fellow-anorexic sister. You'd imagine she of ALL people would understand not to stare or comment on what or how I'm eating, but she has and does still and I've taken to leaving the room with my meal when she enters. But tomorrow my mum is having the family back to the house for a tea;
consisting of muffins, buns, cake, sandwiches, chocolates..the list goes on, which is fine, in that I'm able to just have my own wee lunch after they leave but it's the excuses and the sympathetic looks I get after the, "D'ya want a bit...ach gwan....sure it's only wee", "no, thanks :) " ach dear. Anyway, here's todays mealios!
BREAKFAST
-Chocolate Ready Brek
-Apple
-Tea :)
LUNCH
-Wholemeal Bap, with strawberry jam and a sliced Banana
-Vanilla Yoghurt
-Grapes and Pineapple
DINNER
-Tomato and Basil Soup with steamed carrots,peas and broccoli
-Wholemeal Bap, with strawberry jam and a sliced Banana
-Vanilla Yoghurt with dark chocolate sprinkles mixed in
-Apple
SUPPER
[will be]
-[60g] Honey Loops and [250ml] Semi-skimmed Milk
I'm sure anyone reading this will want to give me slap but anyone else recovering will understand just how SICK I feel ingesting even a 3rd of what I should be having, and I know I'm
getting too used to loads of yoghurt and probably FAR too much fruit and veg and should exchange some of it for other things....I just feel so ill after eating everything!
Anyhoo, I shall perhaps consider adding in things like honey and nut butters to make my meals look and 'feel' smaller! AAAAA the tricks of the trade!
HAPPY EASTER to all!
Saturday, 11 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

mmm. Nuts, dried fruit, nut butters, whole-fat dairy products (at at least low-fat instead of fat-free) all help with getting those calories in. Also, high calorie cereals like granolas can be a big help too.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was early in recovery, I had some issues with eating enough and digesting properly. So I started off with 2 shakes, 2 small meals and one small snack before bed. Eventually I started working up to more solid foods - but at first I ate a lot of polenta and oats cooked with protein powder and soymilk, and made a lot of smoothies. It really helped me with getting enough calories in so my body could start to repair itself without making me sicker. Perhaps you might want to consider that?
Also, you should know that if you are having a hard time eating everything, more roughage (raw fruits/veg) are the LAST thing you want to be eating - it will only make the discomfort worse.
Take care of yourself. if you ever need any advice or help with anything at all (specially increasing calories/making things easier to fit in - I'm an expert on condensing calories) feel free to message or email me.
xo
Tori