Sunday, 21 June 2009

Bad, bad, BAD morning

I'll warn you guys now...this is NOT gonna be a cheerful post, so please ignore if you wish!

I was too scared to weigh myself the past 2 weeks, because my 1st week on a proper
weight-gain meal plan resulted in me gaining almost 3lbs.
I have a very low thyroid function which lets me gain weight VERY easily....not amused.
I have been in recovery since December 2008, which started me on 500 calories a day.

Over time, this was slowly increased to 1100 calories, then i saw the dietician to
bumped it WAY up to a proper weight-gain amount.
I realise a large % of it could be waterweight, but, all week I had noticed SUCH a
change in my body...I KNEW what weight it looked like...I just knew it. So, I had been
severely depressed all week, knowing what weight I must have been, but never
confirmed it by stepping on the scales.
I did it about an hour ago tho....and, since December [6months] I have gained a stone.
You'd think I'd be happy about this, but anorexia broke free from that wee box I'd
tried to trap it in the past few weeks and has reaked havoc this morning.
I just cried and cried and, I told my mum I don't want to go out today and she said,
"don't let it beat you...don't you let it win!"
But, I'm weak today, I've let her win already by weighing myself, knowing there could
be NO positive outcome.
I don't think I'm going to go out today, it's sunday and I'm usually getting ready to go
to church right now, [may I just add-purely to please my mother, I get nothing out of going...]
My BMI is 17.7 now, and will, no doubt by next week be 18.5
I don't want to go to church and have people stare at me, and think
"fuck, she's a hell of alot fatter than last year!"
I don't want anyone lookin at me, I want to stay in my room all day, lie on my bed and
eat nothing...the latter of which is of course NOT an option...my mum wouldn't have
it, but the first is certainly an option..one that's all to easy I know, but apart from
feeling like a fat shite, it's raining, as always and I H.A.T.E getting wet and cold with a
PASSIOn! GRRRRRR
I'm going to get dressed, and if i look too fat, I'm not going.
What's also upsetting me, is, my 3-week break from my boyfriend, ends today, and I
forgot to say. his grandmother died last week and I went to her funeral ofcourse, but I
subtley triedto suss out if we were going to end the break on the due-date by saying,
"so, what's happening this weekend?"
he rattled off what he's doing from dawn to dusk friday, saturday and today and didn't
mention anything about us, other than he said "i haven't had much time to myself at
all" which he was supposed to MAKE time for, so he could sit and think and figure out
what he wanted, but ofcourse he didn't.
But why the FUCK should I be the one grovelling, ringing him to see when we're
gonna meet up that's all I've done for the past fucking 3 years and I'm NOT doing it
now. It upsets me though, that I can't tell my best friend (him) that I've reached my
first goal weight, to be honest, I don't want ANYONE knowing, I told my mum
ofcourse so she can tell the doctor but, my BF the only person ON THIS EARTH that
I feel NO shame in telling ANYTHING to!
and, part of me wants to tell him, for the comfort and reassurance that it's a good
thing, but the other bitter-er part tells me, he should be the one ringing me...
Enough of my rants!
Sorry to bore you all guys and if I bummed anyone out-DOUBLEY sorry!
Rose xoxo

3 comments:

  1. hey rose,
    i just saw your blog for the first time and after reading what you posted today i really wanted to comment. hun its okay to be at the weight you are and you should know that you are not even close to being fat whatsoever. i know its such a hard long battle to stop listening to the anorexic voice but please try to be rational here. you are still underweight at your current bmi and what on earth is better when you are underweight? do you pay less rent or do you get free food at the supermarkets? if you do let me know :) at least then there would be one reason why being underweight is something good.
    you can do this hun. keep fighting and believe in yourself. trust your nutritionist and if weighing yourself is so triggering try not to do it.
    sending you loads of care
    xxx
    much love

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that anorexia has been playing a more dominant role in your life this week love. Gaining weight is one of the most challenging things possible and we all feel awful seeing the numbers go up. After a weigh in I don't want to leave the house or even leave my bedroom, I just want to cry for hours. But you have to remind yourself of what life has to offer - life without anorexia that is. Because life with anorexia isn't a proper life... we just exist, we don't truly live. You deserve so much more than the life anorexia brings, but unfortunately it means going through these periods of misery, fustration, anger, despair etc. But it will be worth it in the end. Think of all the medical problems anorexia brings, the pain on your family and friends, the social isolation.... is weighing a certain number really worth all that?
    Stay strong love, keep fighting the good fight :)

    ps sorry for the essay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hun I'm really sorry you are having a hard time! Is there nothing the doctors can give you for your thyroid?
    Remember that this will not last forever, and there is no way that you are fat at all, just remember that it is stupid ED talking and not your subconscious! Deep down you know that these feeling are not true, listen to your inner self and bring her out :)
    Thats not a huge amount to gain either, I'll have gained a stone in less than 6 months, which is a positive thing. Maybe you should just talk to your man and set the record straight once and for all. I split with my man to concentrate on ME and recovery for once. Best thing ever!
    You've done so well and come so far, just keep strong hun
    xxx

    ReplyDelete